Some of the potential benefits of the New You 6 Week Challenge are obvious. These include improved muscle definition, weight loss, and body transformation. But there are also plenty of perks you might not have considered.
Curious to learn more? Here, I’ll detail some of the unexpected benefits of the New You 6 Week Challenge, which go way beyond just fitness goals. Here are just a few of them:
1. Improved mood. If you exercise frequently, you probably already know this on an instinctual level. But now it’s proven by science! Over the past several years, numerous studies have shown that exercise improves your mood.
According to this article, “These improvements in mood are proposed to be caused by exercise-induced increase in blood circulation to the brain and by an influence on the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis and, thus, on the physiologic reactivity to stress.”
The high intensity exercises you’ll do in the New You 6 Week Challenge will absolutely get your blood pumping. Yes, the workouts will challenge you, and they won’t be easy, but you’ll be rewarded for your efforts. You’ll definitely leave the workouts feeling better than when you arrived.
2. Revved-up metabolism. In the New You 6 Week Challenge, your workouts will vary with each session. But what they will have in common is that they will feature high intensity bursts of exercise. As it turns out, this may improve your metabolism and boost your ability to burn calories.
As this study found, high intensity exercise not only burns calories during the duration of the workout session, but improves metabolism in the hours following.
Study participants engaged in high intensity exercise, and their resting energy expenditure was noted to be increased for up to 22 hours post workout.
This means that your calorie-burning superpowers may be maximized for close to a full day following a workout, even when you are at rest.
3. Community. When you join the New You 6 Week Challenge, you’ll be participating in group fitness classes. Group classes offer many benefits, both mental and physical.
On the physical side, you’re more likely to push yourself just a little further in a group setting than in a solo workout at home. There’s a sense of accountability when there are other people around. This serves to keep you motivated. You’re much less likely to give up when there are other people in it with you.
Moreover, the group setting creates a sort of “we’re in it together” atmosphere. You and your classmates can support each other during workouts (or commiserate if it was a particularly tough class).
This creates a motivating, supportive, and positive community atmosphere around training and fitness.
4. Better sleep. Are you one of the estimated 164 million Americans who struggle with sleep at least once a week? Regular exercise can help.
According to the National Sleep Foundation, multiple studies have shown consistent results on the correlation between exercise and sleep.
Regular exercise can reduce your episodes of insomnia. This may be due to the raising and lowering of body temperature through exercise, the anxiety-reducing effects of exercise, the effect of exercise on circadian rhythms, or all of the above.
The New You 6 Week Challenge will work you hard. You’re more likely to sleep well after putting yourself to work in our workouts!
5. Better nutrition. We put a huge emphasis on nutrition in the New You 6 Week Challenge. Why? Because nutrition is potentially even more important than exercise when it comes to transformation. After all, you’ll have no energy to work out if you aren’t properly fueled!
Because of this, nutrition counseling is one of the pillars of the New You 6 Week Challenge. You’ll receive a customized meal plan, so that you can eat the right foods to help make your fitness goals a reality.
For those who don’t have the time or inclination to prepare meals, we offer and optional add-on to the program: meal delivery service via our partner, Diet To Go.
For members who don’t have much time for prepping healthy food, Diet To Go makes it easy to eat well and stick to your goals with prepared, portioned out food which can be customized to your fitness goals.
Conclusion: As you can see through reading this post, the benefits of the New You 6 Week Challenge go way beyond weight loss.
The program can be transformative in many aspects of your life, from how you sleep to how you relate to others. Are you ready to experience these benefits for yourself? Sign up today and make your fitness goals a reality while also improving your overall wellness.
Have you considered the New You 6 Week Challenge?